Air Fryer Carrots
See my guide on how to use an Air Fryer.
Air Fryer Carrots with honey garlic butter? Yes, please! Cooking carrots in the air fryer makes them perfectly crisp-tender with the best caramelized edges.
Like this recipe? Pin it to Pinterest!
The Best Air Fryer Carrots
These air fryer carrots are one of our very favorite carrot recipes. When we were testing this recipe, Brad and I could not stop raving about how good these are. We may have polished off most of a batch straight from the air fryer basket!
This tasty side dish is so easy to make. Partway through cooking, the carrots are tossed in honey garlic butter. This gives them incredible flavor and helps the outsides of the carrots to caramelize as the hot air circulates around them in the air fryer. These carrots are both sweet and savory – if you prefer more of a savory flavor profile see my notes below.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these air fryer carrots.
- Carrots: Six medium carrots will serve 2 generously or make 3 smaller servings.
- Olive Oil: Adds flavor and helps the salt and pepper to stick to the carrots.
- Salt and Pepper: To season the carrots. I like to use coarse Kosher salt; if using table salt reduce the amount by half. You can always add more salt to taste, but you can’t take it away once you’ve added it.
- Butter: Adds rich, buttery flavor. If you prefer, you can substitute more olive oil.
- Honey: For an added touch of sweetness.
- Garlic: For that delicious fresh garlic flavor!
New to air fryer cooking? See my guide on How to Use an Air Fryer.
How to Make Air Fryer Carrots
You’ll love this simple recipe! Find the printable recipe with ingredient amounts in the recipe card below.
- First, preheat the air fryer. While it preheats, chop the carrots into 2-inch pieces on the diagonal. Then cut the pieces in half lengthwise.
- Toss the carrots with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Air fry the carrots at 370° for 12 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cook time.
- Whisk together the melted butter, honey and minced garlic.
- Return the carrots to the mixing bowl, pour the honey garlic butter over, and stir to coat.
- Return the carrots to the air fryer and cook for 6-8 more minutes, until tender and golden brown on the edges.
Air Fryer Carrots Recipe Tips
- Preheat the air fryer so that the carrots start cooking as soon as they hit the hot basket.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Cook the carrots in a single layer so that the hot air can circulate around them.
- Shake the basket halfway through the cook time to promote even cooking on all sides of the carrots.
- Be sure to toss the carrots with the honey garlic butter in a bowl, rather than in the air fryer basket (this would make a mess).
Savory Air Fryer Carrots
If you prefer a savory air fryer carrot recipe, skip the honey garlic butter and do this instead:
- In a bowl, toss the carrots with the olive oil, salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme.
- Air fry in a preheated air fryer at 370° for 16-20 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through the cook time, until the carrots are tender.
Prefer to use the oven? Try this Oven Roasted Carrots recipe.
Air Fryer Carrots with Honey Garlic Butter
- 6 medium carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat air fryer to 370° F for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the carrots into 2-inch pieces on the diagonal. Cut pieces in half lengthwise (or quarter if very large/thick).
- Place carrots in a medium mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots to the preheated air fryer basket and shake them out into a single layer. Air fry for 12 minutes at 370°, shaking the basket to toss halfway through the cook time.
- While the carrots cook, wipe out the bowl that you used to season the carrots. In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, honey and minced garlic.
- Once the carrots have cooked for 12 minutes, return them to the mixing bowl. Pour the honey garlic butter mixture over the carrots and stir to coat.
- Return the carrots to the air fryer basket and cook for 6-8 more minutes, until tender and golden brown on the edges (if your carrots were on the smaller side they will cook faster). Serve immediately.
- Recipe makes 3 smaller servings or 2 generous servings and may be doubled to serve more people. For a double recipe, you may need to cook the carrots in batches. When all batches are done, you can place all batches in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes to heat through.