40 Best Casserole Recipes
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
Need some dinner inspiration? These comforting casserole recipes are sure to satisfy any craving. This recipe collection includes chicken casserole recipes, pasta casserole recipes, ground beef casseroles, breakfast casseroles, and more!
When I’m looking for an easy dinner idea, I often turn to these casserole recipes. These casseroles are some of our favorite tried and true tested recipes, full of flavor and perfect for feeding a family.
Why We Love Making Casseroles for Dinner:
- Simple to Make: Easy steps, delicious results.
- Full of Flavor: These comfort food recipes will make your tastebuds happy.
- Complete Meals: With these one pan dishes, all you’ll need to round out the meal is a salad or some bread.
- Make Ahead Dinners: Many of these casserole recipes are perfect for making ahead, then popping in the oven at dinner time.
- Family-Friendly: Casseroles are an easy way to feed a crowd, and they’re kid-friendly, too.
- Leftovers: Many of these recipes taste even better on the second day.
Chicken Casserole Recipes
These chicken casseroles are some of our most popular, for good reason. Creamy, cheesy, or Mexican-inspired, these recipes are oh so good.
This Chicken Casserole is creamy, cheesy homemade comfort food. With shredded chicken, potatoes and a crispy topping, it’s sure to become one of your go-to dinners.
With a creamy mushroom sauce and noodles, Chicken Tetrazzini is rich and satisfying. Save prep time by using rotisserie chicken.
One of our favorite dinner casserole recipes, this Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole is loaded with flavor! With broccoli, bacon, cheese and pasta, there’s so much to love about this chicken casserole recipe.
In this Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole, chicken thighs and rice bake together in one dish in the oven. It’s perfect for a simple family dinner!
It doesn’t get any easier than this 4 ingredient Chicken Enchilada Casserole recipe. It’s one of our favorite ways to use leftover chicken!
This Chicken Tortilla Casserole is a one pot meal that you can have on your table in just 30 minutes. With corn, black beans and spices, this casserole recipe is packed with flavor.
Let your crockpot do the work with this Slow Cooker Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole. It’s cheesy, creamy comfort food!
Casserole Recipes with Ground Beef
When you’re wondering, “What’s for dinner?” these ground beef casseroles are the easy answer. From hamburger casserole to squash casserole and more, these casserole recipes are extra delicious.
This Hamburger Casserole features ground beef, pasta, veggies and cheese, baked until hot and bubbly. This easy recipe is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike.
Taco Casserole: Ground beef, taco seasonings, black beans and corn are layered between corn tortillas in this hearty casserole recipe. When it comes to easy casserole recipes, this one is sure to be a family favorite.
This Spaghetti Squash Casserole is a healthy, lower carb dinner idea that’s sure to satisfy. You’ll make this delicious squash casserole again and again.
Cheesy, saucy Beef Enchiladas are perfect for feeding a crowd. Top them with sour cream, chopped onions and avocado for an irresistible dinner. If you have leftovers, they reheat well for lunch or dinner the next day.
Pasta Bake Recipes
Combine pasta + casseroles and what do you get? Pure comfort food. These pasta casserole recipes are sure to be a hit with the whole family.
Baked Spaghetti is a simple casserole recipe that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner. Marinara sauce, noodles, ground beef and cheese are baked until hot and bubbly.
Our all-time best Lasagna Recipe always has a place on our list of favorite casserole recipes. If you haven’t tried it yet, what are you waiting for?
This Chicken Florentine Pasta Bake requires a bit of prep work, but it’s well worth it. This recipe feeds a crowd so you’ll likely have leftovers to enjoy for a few days.
No list of casserole recipes would be complete without a classic Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe. Ours has an easy homemade cream sauce, egg noodles, and a crispy breadcrumb topping.
Layers of noodles, veggies, sauce and cheese make this Vegetable Lasagna truly irresistible. It bakes up saucy, bubbly and full of flavor.
This classic Baked Ziti is a favorite main dish casserole, perfect for Sunday dinner. Italian sausage and three kinds of cheese make this hearty pasta bake incredibly flavorful. It’s one of the most comforting casserole recipes!
Stuffed Shells, made with spinach and four cheeses, are a comforting pasta casserole. The recipe includes instructions for making the shells ahead of time and freezing them for an easy meal later on.
When you’re looking for a simple weeknight dinner, look no further than this Baked Mac and Cheese recipe. It’s easy to prepare and so comforting.
Growing up, this Macaroni Pasta Bake was one of my favorite dinners that my mom made. She taught me how to make the recipe and I’ve been making this macaroni casserole ever since. Cheesy, saucy pasta baked together with ground beef is a crowd-pleasing, no fuss dinner.
Butternut Squash Lasagna is a fall favorite baked casserole recipe. Roasted butternut squash, spinach and three cheeses make this decadent lasagna incredibly satisfying.
Vegetarian Casserole Recipes
When you’re looking for a meatless meal, these vegetarian casseroles are sure to satisfy. Veggies are the star in these flavorful casserole recipes.
This easy Eggplant Parmesan recipe is simple to prepare and so delicious. It’s baked until hot and bubbly, with an irresistible golden brown cheesy crust.
Broccoli Rice Casserole can be served as a meatless main dish or a side dish. Broccoli and rice are coated in a homemade cheese sauce and topped with more cheese before baking in the oven.
In this Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese, healthy cauliflower stands in for the pasta and it’s so creamy-cheesy-good, you won’t miss the noodles one bit!
Looking for full-flavored healthy casserole recipes? This Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole is made with protein-packed quinoa, sweet potatoes, black beans and enchilada sauce. It’s comfort food that you’ll feel good about eating.
This Baked Broccoli Mac and Cheese is a luxuriously creamy macaroni and cheese casserole with broccoli.
Our collection of vegetarian casserole recipes includes this delicious Kale and Mushroom Lasagna. Cremini mushrooms and kale make this cheesy vegetarian lasagna hearty and flavorful.
Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Switch up your breakfast routine with one of these hearty breakfast casseroles. These make-ahead friendly recipes are perfect for the holidays or a weekend breakfast.
This savory Breakfast Casserole is made with bacon, hash brown potatoes and cheese. It’s easy to make and includes a make ahead option.
Looking for easy holiday breakfast casserole recipes? You can make this Baked French Toast Casserole ahead and refrigerate overnight or bake it right away. Everyone will go crazy for the irresistible cinnamon sugar topping!
Here’s a vegetarian egg casserole for you: Potato Spinach Egg Casserole. This hearty breakfast casserole recipe is filled with vegetables, potatoes and pepper jack cheese.
This festive Cranberry Orange French Toast Casserole is perfect for the holidays! Prep it the night before, refrigerate overnight, and bake it in the morning.
Make breakfast easy with this Baked Oatmeal casserole. It’s healthy and make-ahead friendly!
Side Dish Casseroles
These side dish casseroles are some of our favorites for the holidays and everyday.
These cheesy Scalloped Potatoes bake up hot and bubbly with delicious golden brown edges. You won’t believe how easy this potato casserole is to make!
Another of our favorite potato casseroles, Twice Baked Potato Casserole is a crowd pleaser. Creamy potatoes are loaded with bacon, cheese and green onions.
When we have an abundance of summer squash, this Zucchini Casserole is one of our favorite casserole recipes to use them up! It’s seasoned with garlic and Parmesan cheese and topped with a crispy breadcrumb topping.
Corn Casserole is a holiday favorite. You’ll love the creamy texture and subtly sweet flavor.
This classic Green Bean Casserole features a homemade cream of mushroom sauce, fresh green beans and a buttery topping that bakes up golden brown in the oven.
This Sweet Potato Casserole is one of our best side dish casserole recipes. It has creamy sweet potatoes, warm spices and a crunchy pecan brown sugar topping. Baking the sweet potatoes before mashing them brings out their incredible caramelized flavor.
This Broccoli Casserole is made from scratch with fresh broccoli and a homemade cream sauce. This side dish casserole recipe will be the hit of the meal!
40 Best Casserole Recipes: Hamburger Casserole
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, 2 cups, divided
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain pasta into a colander, rinse, drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots and bell peppers. Cook, stirring often, until carrots are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Move the veggies to the edges of the pan and add the ground beef. Increase the heat to medium-high. Cook the beef, crumbling, until browned. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the minced garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook, sitrring, for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Then stir in ⅓ of the shredded cheese, followed by the cooked pasta.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top of the casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and lightly golden brown.
- You can substitute your favorite vegetables in this recipe. Frozen veggies such as peas, corn, green beans or carrots can be stirred in along with the diced tomatoes.
- Hamburger casserole may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw for 24 hours in the refrigerator before baking. You may have to add 15-20 minutes to the bake time if baking a chilled casserole. Cover it with foil if it is browning too much in the oven.
- Store leftover baked casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.