50 Best Instant Pot Recipes
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
The best Instant Pot recipes for easy weeknight dinners! This recipe collection includes chicken, ground beef, pasta and vegetarian instant pot recipes, and more. With these easy Instant Pot recipes you’ll be making delicious meals that the whole family will enjoy.
Best Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot recipes can help you to get healthy meals on your table without a lot of effort. I use my Instant Pot many times per week, to cook dinner, to make Instant Pot oatmeal for breakfast, or to cook perfect Instant Pot hard boiled eggs.
When I shared this list of healthy Instant Pot recipes, I never imagined how popular they would become. Today I’m sharing more of the best Instant Pot recipes to give you even more easy meal ideas. These recipes are perfect for beginners and anyone who loves good food.
What is an Instant Pot?
An Instant Pot is an electric pressure cooker. It’s a multi-cooker, which means that it has many cooking functions. You can sauté in the Instant Pot or use it as a slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer or yogurt maker. I use the Pressure Cook/Manual and Sauté buttons on my Instant Pot most often.
If you are a new Instant Pot user, I’ve written a beginner’s guide to get you started: How to use an Instant Pot. These top 10 Instant Pot accessories can help you to do things such as cook pot in pot rice and chicken at the same time.
Why Instant Pot Recipes?
- Flavor! The number one reason why I love to cook with an Instant Pot is FLAVOR. Something magical happens with pressure cooking: the best flavors develop and meats become incredibly tender. If you need more convincing, try my recipes for Instant Pot chili or cook a rotisserie chicken in your Instant Pot. Both are unbelievably tasty.
- Hands-off cooking. Another huge benefit of Instant Pot cooking is that most of the cook time is hands-off. Once you get your ingredients in the pot and set it to pressure cook, you won’t have to do anything else until the cook time has finished. There’s no stirring a pot on the stove or checking on food in the oven.
- Easy Instant Pot recipes. One of the best things about Instant Pot recipes is that they help to take the guesswork out of cooking. When you follow a good recipe, with tested cook times and methods, it should produce foolproof results. My advice is to experiment with different recipes until you find your favorites. With pressure cooking, your meals can turn out perfect every time.
Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
These easy Instant Pot Chicken Thighs are one of the best Instant Pot recipes for a quick dinner. They cook up perfectly moist and juicy and you can make an easy gravy from the juices in the pot. Cook them from fresh or frozen!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is warm and comforting, perfect for enjoying at the end of a long day.
This Instant Pot BBQ Chicken is one of our most popular Instant Pot recipes, and it’s easy to see why. This recipe takes just 10 minutes to prep and the Instant Pot does the rest. The whole family will love these BBQ chicken sandwiches!
This Instant Pot Whole Chicken recipe is the easiest way to cook a whole chicken! This recipe is foolproof – the chicken turns out moist, juicy and flavorful every time.
Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings is one of the best comfort foods. A flavorful chicken and vegetable soup is topped with tender dumplings, all cooked together in the Instant Pot.
Honey Garlic Instant Pot Chicken Breasts are a quick and easy meal! Serve them over rice or quinoa, with veggies for a wholesome dinner.
Instant Pot Butter Chicken has tender bites of chicken in a delicious curry sauce. This recipe has the option to cook pot in pot rice to serve with the chicken and sauce.
This delicious Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is an easy one pot meal. Load it up with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
This Instant Pot Chicken and Mushrooms features juicy chicken thighs, mushrooms and orzo pasta. This must-make Instant Pot recipe is always met with rave reviews.
This Instant Pot Chicken and Rice has chicken, vegetables and brown rice. It’s easy to make and won’t take you long to prep.
This Instant Pot Orange Chicken has the best sticky-sweet orange sauce. You can even cook the rice at the same time in the Instant Pot!
This Instant Pot Shredded Chicken is one of the best Instant Pot recipes for meal prep. Cook your chicken from fresh or frozen, and use it in your favorite recipes throughout the week.
Learn how to cook frozen chicken breasts in your Instant Pot. This Instant Pot Frozen Chicken cooks up moist and juicy.
Instant Pot Pasta Recipes
This Instant Pot Spaghetti is one of the best Instant Pot recipes for beginners. It’s incredibly easy to make and perfect for weeknight dinners. The pasta absorbs some of the sauce as it cooks, making it so flavorful!
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is a creamy, cheesy family favorite meal. This one pot recipe has a quick 10 minute prep time.
In this Instant Pot Pasta recipe, penne pasta, Italian sausage and veggies all cook together in marinara sauce in your Instant Pot. It’s one of the best Instant Pot recipes for busy weeknights!
You’ll be amazed at how you can make a delicious Instant Pot Lasagna that cooks right in the Instant Pot inner pot (no special pan needed). This easy Instant Pot recipe is the best way to make lasagna from scratch on a weeknight.
Instant Pot Ground Beef Recipes
If you haven’t tried Instant Pot Chili, you are missing out! This pressure cooker beef chili is one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes. It’s richly flavored and so comforting on a cold day.
In this Instant Pot Meatloaf recipe, meatloaf and mashed potatoes cook together in the Instant Pot for a hearty one pot meal. Save this recipe for when you’re craving comfort food!
When you need a family-friendly Instant Pot recipe for dinner, look no further than this Instant Pot Goulash recipe. It’s an easy one pot meal made with ground beef, macaroni pasta and cheese in a flavorful tomato-based sauce.
This Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff is a quick and easy one pot meal. Made with ground beef, noodles and mushrooms, this recipe is a comfort food favorite.
These Instant Pot Meatballs cook up nice and tender thanks to the Instant Pot pressure cooker. The meatballs cook in a simple homemade marinara sauce, perfect for serving with pasta.
Classic stuffed peppers cooked in the Instant Pot? Yes, please! Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers are one of our favorite quick Instant Pot recipes.
More Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
Instant Pot Pot Roast is perfect for Sunday dinner. The Instant Pot makes the best pot roast, with tender meat, vegetables and gravy!
Make the most amazing pulled pork sandwiches with this Instant Pot Pulled Pork. The meat is fall apart tender after cooking in the Instant Pot.
You’ll love these Instant Pot Pork Chops with a delicious honey garlic sauce. My kids can’t get enough of these!
This Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin cooks in a honey garlic sauce and is delicious served with potatoes or rice. It’s perfect for quick dinners.
This Instant Pot Beef Stew is a quick and easy version of the classic recipe, with all of the same rich flavors.
Looking for taco Tuesday Instant Pot recipes? These Instant Pot Carnitas are sure to be a winning dinner recipe. This Mexican pulled pork is irresistibly tender and juicy with delicious crispy edges.
These Instant Pot Ribs are so tender they practically fall of the bone!
This Instant Pot Beef and Barley Soup is a warm and cozy meal, perfect for the coldest of days. Tender chunks of beef, vegetables and barley make this soup both hearty and nourishing.
Instant Pot Pork Loin is one of our favorite Instant Pot recipes for Sunday dinner. The pork is seasoned and then browned in the Instant Pot before pressure cooking. The best part is the incredible sauce to drizzle over the pork.
Vegetarian Instant Pot Recipes
This Instant Pot Pinto Beans recipe is an easy way to cook dry pinto beans. Serve them as a side dish, wrap them in tortillas, or use them in any recipe that calls for cooked pinto beans.
This Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is sure to become one of your favorite Instant Pot recipes during soup season. It’s richly flavored and perfect for serving with a loaf of crusty bread.
This Instant Pot Potato Soup is creamy and so comforting. This easy soup recipe is made with wholesome ingredients. Load it up with your favorite toppings!
This Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup is so rich and creamy, you won’t believe it’s made without cream. It’s my favorite butternut squash soup recipe!
These Instant Pot Black Beans are so much better than canned beans. It’s easy to cook dry beans from scratch in your Instant Pot!
Healthy Instant Pot Lentil Soup is a favorite for lunch and dinner. Packed full of nourishing lentils, vegetables and spices, this warming soup is so delicious.
You’ll Love these Easy Instant Pot Recipes
These Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs peel so easily – the shells practically fall off! This is my favorite way to cook hard boiled eggs because it’s so hands-off.
The creamiest, fluffiest mashed potatoes are Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes. They’re so easy to make, and perfect every time!
You’ll love this foolproof recipe for Instant Pot Baked Potatoes. It’s easy to cook perfect baked potatoes in your Instant Pot.
This Instant Pot Rice cooks in just four minutes! Cooking white rice in an Instant Pot is an easy, hands-off way to make perfect fluffy rice.
This Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats recipe is the easiest, most hands-off way to cook steel cut oatmeal. It’s a true set it and forget it recipe! You can make a big batch to reheat for quick breakfasts during the week.
Perfect Instant Pot Brown Rice is a healthy side dish for your favorite meals. The instructions are easy to follow so you can make the best brown rice.
This easy recipe for Instant Pot Corn on the Cob cooks sweet corn until it’s perfectly tender.
This Instant Pot Cheesecake is the best cheesecake I’ve ever eaten. It’s creamy, luscious and flavored with a touch of vanilla. You’ll be amazed at how easy this Instant Pot dessert is, too!
Best Instant Pot Recipes: Pot Roast
- 3 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ cups low sodium beef broth
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ½ pounds whole baby potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, optional, for thickening gravy
- 2 tablespoons water, optional, for thickening gravy
- Cut the beef roast in half.
- Season the beef on all sides with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in the Instant Pot using the sauté function until hot.
- Place the beef in the pot and brown, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a clean plate.
- Add the onion to the pot. Cook until softened and lightly browned, stirring often, about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth. Stir well and scrape up any browned bits that are stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Put the beef back in the pot. Add the fresh thyme sprigs or dried thyme.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and move the steam release valve to the sealing position. Pressure cook on high pressure for 60 minutes. When the cook time ends, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining pressure by moving the valve to the venting position.
- Open the Instant Pot lid and add the carrots and potatoes on top of the beef. Close the lid, seal the pot, and pressure cook for 5 more minutes on high pressure. Then let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. Quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the beef and vegetables from the pot, leaving the juices in the pot. Discard the fresh thyme stems. Use two forks to shred the roast into chunks.
- Thicken the juices in the pot (optional): Turn on sauté. Stir together 2 tablespoons each of cornstarch and water and then stir into the liquid in the Instant Pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until gravy has thickened slightly.
- If your roast is larger than 3 pounds, add 10 minutes per pound to the pressure cook time.
- To cook pot roast from frozen, skip the step of browning the meat. Pressure cook a frozen 3 pound beef chuck roast for 90 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release. Then add your potatoes and carrots and pressure cook for 5 minutes more, plus 10 minutes natural release. If your roast is larger than 3 pounds, add 10 minutes per pound to the first pressure cooking time.