Breaded Pork Chops
See my guide on how to use an Instant Pot.
These Breaded Pork Chops are coated with seasoned bread crumbs and then baked in the oven until they’re golden brown and crispy. Serve them with roasted potatoes and green beans for a delicious, easy dinner.
Easy Breaded Pork Chops Recipe
When I’m looking for an easy dinner idea, I often turn to our collection of easy pork chop recipes. Pork chops cook quickly so they’re perfect for weeknight meals. Over the years I’ve shared many of our favorite pork chop recipes that are big on flavor yet fast to prepare:
- Baked Pork Chops are our go-to for a quick meal that the whole family will love.
- Air Fryer Pork Chops cook up perfectly tender and juicy, every time.
- Crock Pot Pork Chops are perfect for busy days when it’s convenient to make dinner ahead.
- Grilled Pork Chops, with a flavorful Pork Chop Marinade, let us cook outdoors on warm summer evenings.
- Smothered Pork Chops, Stuffed Pork Chops and Instant Pot Pork Chops are exceptionally flavorful.
And that leads us to these breaded pork chops, a family-friendly recipe that you can have on your table in just 30 minutes.
You’ll love these breaded pork chops because they’re made with simple ingredients that you likely keep on hand in your kitchen. The crispy coating is well seasoned with spices and Parmesan cheese. The trick to making the best baked breaded pork chops is to not overcook them. I recommend using an instant read thermometer to test the chops for doneness; for the juiciest chops take them out of the oven as soon as they reach 145° F in the center.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s what you’ll need to make this breaded pork chops recipe.
- Boneless Pork Chops: Try to buy pork chops that are about 1-inch thick, since thinner chops will dry out more easily. You can use bone-in pork chops but will have to increase the cook time.
- Salt and Pepper: To season the pork chops.
- Flour: Dredging the pork chops in flour helps the egg wash to stick.
- Egg + Water: These are combined to make an egg wash, which you’ll dip the pork chops in. This helps the crispy bread crumb coating to stick to the meat.
- Panko Bread Crumbs: The larger crumbs of panko bread crumbs get especially crispy in the oven. You can use regular bread crumbs if that’s what you have on hand.
- Parmesan Cheese: To boost the flavor of the bread crumb coating. The salty, cheesy flavor of the Parmesan goes really well with the pork chops.
- Seasonings: The bread crumbs are seasoned with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
How to Make Breaded Pork Chops
Here’s an overview of the recipe steps. Find the full recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions in the recipe card below.
- Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels. Season them generously with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the pork chops in the flour, gently shaking off any excess flour.
- Then coat the pork chops in the egg/water mixture.
- Finally, coat the chops in the seasoned bread crumb mixture.
- Bake in a 425° F oven for 15-20 minutes, until the pork chops are 145° F in the center. Be careful to not overcook them, since pork chops can dry out easily if cooked too long.
- Let the meat rest for 5 minutes and then serve.
I like to serve these pork chops with a few easy side dishes. Here are some suggestions:
- Potatoes: Try Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Potatoes or Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
- Slaw: A cool, crispy slaw pairs beautifully with these pork chops. Try Broccoli Slaw or our classic Coleslaw Recipe.
- Biscuits: Slathered with jam or honey, these Homemade Biscuits are simply irresistible.
- A Green Veggie: Sautéed Spinach, Roasted Broccoli and Sautéed Green Beans are three delicious options.
Air Fryer Instructions
Air frying the breaded pork chops can make them extra crispy!
To cook these breaded pork chops in the air fryer instead of the oven, prepare the breading on the pork chops as directed in the recipe. Preheat the air fryer to 400° F for 5 minutes. Then air fry the breaded pork chops at 400° F for 5 minutes. Flip the pork chops over and continue to cook for 3-7 more minutes, until the internal temperature of the center of the pork chops is 145° F.
Easy Breaded Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1-inch thick
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¾ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pat the pork chops dry and then season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Gather 3 wide, shallow dishes, such as pie plates. In one, place the flour. In the second, beat together the egg and water. In the third, stir together the Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Coat the pork chops on all sides first in the flour, tapping off the excess. Then coat in the egg and finally in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake pork chops for 15-20 minutes, or until they are 145° F in the center when measured with an instant read thermometer. Be careful to not overcook the pork chops, since doing so can dry them out. (Pork chops that are thicker than 1 inch will likely take longer than 20 minutes to cook through.)
- Let pork rest for 5 minutes and then serve.
- To cook in the air fryer instead of the oven, prepare the breading on the pork chops as directed in the recipe. Preheat the air fryer to 400° F for 5 minutes. Then air fry the breaded pork chops at 400° F for 5 minutes. Flip the pork chops over and continue to cook for 3-7 more minutes, until the internal temperature of the center of the pork chops is 145° F.